Community News: July 30 | Every day
Cline opening hours
A member of U.S. Representative Ben Cline will hold mobile office hours from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Samuels Library, 330 E. Criser Road, Front Royal. A staff member will be available to meet with citizens to help them resolve issues they may have with a federal agency and to hear their views on current issues before Congress.
Samuels Library at Front Royal has announced that the following adult programs will be offered:
• Free STI screening by ARE Inc.: 1 pm, Wednesday. Tests include HIV, hepatitis B and C, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis. Tests will be offered each month on the first Wednesday.
• Bad Romance: 6:00 p.m., August 8, sharing your love books, movies, music, and more. favourites.
• Genealogy Club (hybrid, virtual and in person): 6 p.m., August 10.
• “Jaws” aired: 2:00 p.m., August 13.
• Drum circle: 2 p.m., August 13, for ages 12 and up. Drum circles are designed to promote self-confidence, teamwork, belonging and more. Registration required.
• Books & Beyond (evening): 6 pm, August 15, discussion on “The Four Winds” by Kristin Hannah.
• GED course: 10am-12pm, every Tuesday and Thursday. More information on registration dates and deadlines: https://lfcc.edu/adult-education/.
• Books & Beyond (morning): 10 am, August 27, discussion on “The Four Winds” by Kristin Hannah.
• Pen & Prose creative writing (hybrid, virtual and in-person): 3 p.m., August 27.
The Strasbourg Community Library will host the following and thematic story hour programs from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.:
Thursday: dogs and puppies; August 11: chickens; August 18: Elephants; August 25: foxes. Children will also work on letters, numbers and colors and do finger plays, songs and nursery rhymes.
The annual Hottel-Keller meeting, dinner and program will take place on August 6 at the VFW in Edinburgh. Activities include a silent auction at 9:00 a.m., a business meeting at 10:00 a.m., lunch at noon followed by a program on the Henry Keller House and a silent auction.
The Keller house will also be open at 10 a.m. on August 5 with the start of the Keller baking oven to make old-fashioned bread.
Further information is available by contacting Karen Cooper at 540-459-5199 or emailing [email protected] or Margaret Cook at 540-459-3366.
Submit your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms